Heracles Moskof studied Sociology and Social Anthropology in London and received a PhD from the London School of Economics, in Sociology with a focus on political culture of contemporary Greece. He has served as the Expert Ambassador Consultant for issues of Human Security and Migration Policy for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In 2013, with the implementation of the relative Directive of EU for the composition of the national coordinative mechanism of tackling human trafficking, he was appointed head of the Office of the National Rapporteur on Trafficking in Human Beings. In this role, Dr Moskof was responsible for implementing the National Referral Mechanism for the protection of victims of human trafficking, of the National Action Plan 2018-2022, as well as the ‘Actions for tackling Human Trafficking’ of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in the framework of the Business Program ‘Reformation of Public Sector 2014-2020’ of the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF).
Dr Moskof has represented Greece in the National Coordinators’ Committee of the EU, of the United Nations, of the Council of Europe, and of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE).
- He has been elected member of the Drafting Committee of the Council of Europe against Human Trafficking with the purpose of labor exploitation.
- He has planned and implemented co-operation memorandums with international organizations, such as the International Organization for Migration and UNICEF, with social associates such as Manpower Employment Organization (OAED), as well as with partners of the local self-governing, such as Regions of Attica and Thessaly.
- He has served as a representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the National Council against Racism and Bigotry and in the National Committee for Human Rights.
- He has coordinated in collaboration with the respective Presidency the monthly assignments of the parliamentary committee against Trafficking & Exploitation of Human Beings and presided the Committee of the Ministry of Justice for the protection of Human Trafficking victims.
- He was appointed by the U.S. State Department as the national representative of Greece in the program ‘Young Leaders.’
Dr Moskof has also worked as a Teaching Instructor in the Civilisation & Media Department of Panteion University and has taught in the English-speaking Master’s degree of the National Kapodistrian University of Athens ‘MSc in Media & Refugee/Migration flows.’ His studies have been published, among others, in the OSCE, the Hellenic Foundation for European & Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP), the Maragopoulou Foundation, etc.